Our company, California MENTOR, spans up and down the state of California and we are part of a larger, national network called The MENTOR Network. In the Long Beach area we have several Specialized Group Homes, Supported Living Services programs, and Adult Day Programs, all in service of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are looking to hire several DSP's now for our programs!
Candidates with DSP 1 and 2 highly encouraged to apply!
Many shifts and openings in Long Beach, San Pedro, Carson, Torrance, West Los Angeles!
JOB FAIR/OPEN INTERVIEWS:
Date: Wed, Jan 24
(Job Fair will be held at 2 locations)
California MENTOR - Long Beach Office
4343 Atlantic Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90807
California MENTOR-Inglewood Office
11222 La Cienega Blvd Suite 640
Inglewood, CA 90304
Schedule an interview by replying to this post or walk ins are welcome!
(562) 595-5240 ext 201
• WORKING ENVIRONMENT: low ratio of DSP to individuals we serve; Residential Home setting OR Day Program OR Community setting
• SHIFTS: both Part Time and Full Time hours are available, shifts are consistent and regular -- makes it easy to plan other activities, school schedule, or second job if desired
• PAY: ranges between $12.00 - 13.75 per hour and you are reimbursed $0.53 per mile for business-related travel in your personal vehicle
• BENEFITS: ALL employees are eligible for a huge variety of "Network Perks" such as significant discounts at hundreds of retailers, major cell phone service providers, entertainments and attractions, and much more; FT employees are eligible for Health Benefits, 401k with company matching, HSA with wellbeing credits, and so much more -- visit our Employee site to check out the benefits to our employees at ca-mentor.com/careers/employee-benefits
Position Duties can include any of the following for any position:
• Daily living support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (autism, down's syndrome, cerebral palsy, spinal trauma, blindness, deafness, Alzheimer's and Dementia, and so on), some may have medically fragile conditions or needs
• Spending time with clients and doing activities, going on community outings for fun or for appointments and errands
• Transporting individuals we serve in company vehicles or your personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed at $0.53/mile for personal vehicle usage)
• Can include assisting with personal hygiene, mobility, meal prep, medicine administration, toileting, changing of adult briefs, bathing (as needed per each individual's plan)
• Lift and/or transfer adult individuals in/out of wheelchairs or from sitting/laying position
• Taking vitals and being alert and aware of special medical needs and conditions for each individual we serve
BASIC EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS - Must meet these requirements to be hired, but do not need to provide at interview:
• MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: At least ONE YEAR of experience in direct support to the developmentally disabled that can be verified by a current or previous supervisor
• MINIMUM EDUCATION: High school diploma or G.E.D.; can use transcripts from higher education institutions in place of diploma or GED
• MUST HAVE VALID AND CURRENT:
o Driver's License
o DMV printout must meet our requirements (no DUI or suspensions)
• **DSP 1 and 2 Certification is required for our group home positions**
BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU TO THE INTERVIEW/JOB FAIR:
If you don't have the following items with you at the time of the job fair, come anyway!!
• References (2 Current/Previous Supervisors) - please bring their name, phone #, email address (if available), where you worked for them, dates you worked for them