Join our team of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) and help adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities gain independence while playing a vital role in their life.
We will be hosting hiring events at TWO locations on SEPTEMBER, 20th, 2017.
***Make note of the different times and locations***
Westland Public Library
4740 W. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43228
2:00pm – 4:30pm
Livingston Branch Library
3434 E. Livingston Ave., Columbus, OH 43227
9:30am – 12:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow the Individual Support Plan to assist the individual in achieving his/her goals.
• Support individuals in their daily life activities i.e.: cooking, cleaning, dressing, bathing based on their level of need.
• Observe individuals and report any significant changes in behavior to Residential Coordinator and Residential Manager.
• Transport and accompany individuals to medical appointments and appropriately deal with emergency situations.
• Administer medication according to delegated nursing requirements and ensure there is a sufficient amount of medical supplies and equipment.
• Ensures that medication is stored properly.
• Provides additional support as required in the areas of money management and personal income, housing, health and safety, transportation and community activities.
• Understand company policies and procedures and is familiar with individuals rights and ensures that they are protected.
• Report any unusual incidents and follow proper procedure.
• Complete necessary program documentation in a clear, concise and timely fashion.
• Act as a role model for individuals served.
• Obtains and maintains required certifications.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledgeable about formal and informal community supports and demonstrates skill in obtaining these supports for the individuals.
• Demonstrates ability to work as a team and able to contribute by sharing concerns and problem solve and recommend or implement change.
• High degree of compassion, empathy and patience.
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous direct care, caregiver, or home health aid experience in a related field preferred.
• Valid Ohio Driver's License with five or fewer points.
• Personal vehicle with proof of liability insurance required.
Please bring a copy of your resume to the event.
We look forward to meeting you!
Take your friends with you!