HIRING EVENTS - INTERVIEWS & OFFERS ON SITE
FEBRUARY 1, 10AM - 3PM
FEBRUARY 13, 10AM - 3PM
15400 E 14th Place, Aurora, CO 80011
HSS specializes in the high-stakes security environments of aviation, healthcare and government facilities -- and is one of the few companies to earn the Department of Homeland Security's SAFETY Act designation and certification.
We apply training, knowledge and experience to provide higher levels of safety and security. Moreover, we strive to provide exceptional experiences through unequaled standards of customer service and positive interactions with guests, patients, community and staff. Building on pillars of communication, professionalism, relationships and accountability, HSS team members set the standard for the industry. A claim proven by a greater than 90-percent customer retention rate since the company's inception.
Provides visible deterrent to prevent illegal activities on hospital property. Maintains the security and safety for the hospital, it's staff, and patrons of the hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public which may include but is not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas
- Respond quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations
- Escort persons and assist facility personnel
- Be alert for activities, which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property
- Communicate effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors
- Comprehend and fulfill written or verbal instructions * Write accurate, clear, and legible reports
- Maintain a positive working relationship with facility staff member
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of a facility and where applicable of multiple facilities
- Enforce and abide by all regulations and guidelines of the facility and HSS
- Perform other duties at the direction of or in the absence of the Security leader or Facility Security Representative
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- Obtain applicable jurisdictional security licenses; may require motor vehicle driver's license; complete TEAM training, HSS and Facility New Employee Orientation upon employment with HSS.
- Ability to obtain client/contract specific licenses or certifications which may include, but is not limited to, CPR/First Aid, NRA, IAHSS, etc.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks in the allotted time to include, but not limited to, TEAM training, HSS and client new employee orientation and security procedures and policies.
- Prefer previous experience working with the public in a service setting.
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employee, patients, visitors, physicians and the general public
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and email with the ability to learn other programs such as security incident management software and/or client specific software
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance policy
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist people and provide protection
- Observe, walk, stand, sit, or drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions
- Run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment
- Help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and / or move up to 100 pounds
- Frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hand and arms, and talk and hear
- Ability to work independent of immediate supervisor, alone, or in team environments.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.