The Shadyside/Bloomfield Hotel is having an open JOB FAIR for Valet/Shuttle Driving, and Bistro positions.
When? SATURDAY October 14th, 2017 12pm-1pm
Where? 5308 Liberty Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Wage varies by position and experience, and both positions are also tipped.
Looking for full-time applicants.
Previous hotel experience is not required, but is a plus!
Please bring a resume, and be ready to be interviewed.
**Valet Applicants must be 21+ with Valid Driver's License, and clean driving record**
Looking for applicants with open availability. Weekdays, weekends, holidays, breakfast/evening lounge.
The Shadyside/Bloomfield Hotel is operated by Concord Hospitality. Named 2016 Great Place to Work®, and top 100 companies to work for among Millennials and Women!
Concord Hospitality offers an attractive benefits package for full time employees including 401K, health/vision/dental, PTO, and associate hotel stay rates. Career advancement opportunities; we believe in promoting from within. Concord Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity employer. Drug/alcohol test and background check conducted before hire.
Detailed Job Descriptions Below
Provides a luxury guest service by making deliveries, drop-offs, pick-ups, and assistance to uphold guest satisfaction of the hotel quality standards. Responsibilities and Other duties will be assigned:
- Maintain lobby, front door, bell stand, and luggage room cleanliness and order.
- Markets the entire hotel when rooming a guest.
- Maintains complete knowledge of hotel amenities and layout, local attractions, and airport transportation.
- Reads log book daily.
- Keeps up-to-date on in-house groups and functions.
- Follows all rooming procedures.
- Issues proper luggage tags, stores bags properly, cross-reference when issuing.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance records properly.
- Ensures deliveries/luggage are brought to correct rooms.
- Posts up - demonstrating a readiness to help.
- Facilitates prompt handling of guest luggage and needs during peak periods.
- Completes own share of last man duties, showing rooms, delivering messages, etc.
- Assists in the maintenance upkeep of the bell closet and carts.
- Works systematically so as not to lose luggage.
- Operates bell carts with care, so as not to damage property or cause injury.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the Concord Hospitality Handbooks.
- Deliver guest valet laundry in a prompt manner.
- Able to accurately give directions and information regarding the immediate and metro areas.
- Reports tips daily.
- Is a positive thinker and company driven.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Ensures that all checklists and responsibilities are completed by the end of shift.
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food. Take orders from customers, input orders into micros, and obtain payment and provide change. Provide assistance in Food and Beverage areas including busing, cleaning and resetting tables, delivering food to guests, general cleaning of food and beverage prep areas and other areas within the lobby area. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank. Responsibilities and other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas including all areas of the lobby throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Follow property key policies, including checking out and returning keys to appropriate departments.
- Ensure that coffee makers, bread drawers, toasters, and/or steam tables are turned on/off at the appropriate times.
- Input orders into cash register system and collect payment from customer.
- Take guest orders, prepare food and beverage items, distribute pre-packaged and prepared food items, and deliver orders to tables as needed.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Bus and wipe down coffee cart areas and tables as customers leave seating area.
- Wash restaurant dishes and serving utensils as needed.
- Prepare and replenish inventory displays to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation from opening to closing.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out FIFO dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
Sanitation and Maintenance
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
- Set-up and break down work station with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
- Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures and pest control guidelines, reporting pest control issues to appropriate personnel.
- Disassemble and assemble kitchen equipment following safety procedures when cleaning.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Wash and peel if required fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
- Prepare cold foods, including preparing salads, cold sandwiches, condiments, and dressings.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times.
- Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures e.g., blind drops.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Set up and organize cashier workstation with designated supplies, forms, and resource materials and maintain cleanliness of workstation at all times.
Safety and Security
- Follow Concord Hospitality and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.