Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries has an opportunity for Human Resources Support. This is a full-time temporary position.
About The Position
• Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
• Be involved in all aspects of hiring processes including interviews, receiving and imputing of applications, reference checking, hiring, and new employee orientation.
• Schedule and attend local job fairs.
• Interact in a friendly and professional manner with the public and potential job applicants.
• Work efficiently to meet established deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
• Backup for the Human Resources Coordinator.
• Answer and route incoming calls.
• Assist with communicating Company policies and benefit plans.
• Assist with office clerical duties as needed.
• Travel for job placement events.
• 2 years of recent office administration work, or educational equivalent.
• Prior advertising experience and Spanish speaking a plus.
• Excellent communication skills with emphasis on professionalism.
• Proven ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Able to adapt and prioritize quickly.
• Self-motivated, dependable, organized.
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person by November 30, 2017 at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilize nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn't turned into windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.